Friday, June 5, 2009

L'oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow Base and Urban Decay Primer Potion

Photobucket
I had been looking for a good eye shadow base/primer for ages, not really knowing where to look outside of the more expensive professional lines. I found this one by L'oreal on a fluke at Target, and paid around $8 for .20 fl. oz. And... that's about all there is to say. I bought it, I used it, and may as well not have. It didn't stop the smudging, it didn't stop the creasing, and my eyeshadow was gone by afternoon, just like any other primer-less day.

I can especially say this with authority now, because for Mother's Day I was given leave to spend some extra money at Ulta and bought Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's much more expensive at $22 for .55 fl. oz., but it's very true you get what you pay for. (I don't have a picture of it, but check out the link, it's the coolest little bottle.) We technically pride ourselves on reviewing stuff for the wee, tiny budgets we all have right now, but we also want you to get the biggest bang for your buck. So, I don't want you to waste the money on something that doesn't work, and if you are able, splurge on something that really does, like this Primer Potion. The stuff is insanely awesome. You can't tell after you've applied and let it dry that you have anything extra on your eyes. Before I started using it, often immediately after applying eyeshadow or eyeliner, I would already have a lovely little "reflection line" of what I had applied right under my brow bone. I actually stopped wearing eyeshadow for a while because there was no point since it ran and smudged immediately and was gone by early afternoon. Since I started using the Primer Potion, I've been having so much fun going crazy with unusual colors and combinations because my shadow and liner stay put in a major way. My colors are just as vibrant and beautiful when I go to take my makeup off at day's end as they were when first applied. I now can never be without Urban Decay Primer Potion ever again.* It's one of those things I'll have to scrimp in other areas so that I can stay supplied when I run out. It's completely and totally worth it, especially since you don't have to use much and the bottle should last a very long time.

*I realize I sound like a commercial, but I just love this stuff so much. I swear by it.

3 comments:

MichelleSG June 6, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

If you want the same great product (because it works just as well as what you described in the one from Ulta) try Mary Kay's Eye primer
http://www.marykay.com/color/eyes/10016960/10016960/default.aspx
It's $12 and is the best thing I've ever used for eye primers. It goes on light, dries quick, and your shadow will not budge. My shadow always ends up all over my face if I don't use a primer. I stopped wearing it totally until I found this nifty product.

sarasophia June 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

I had really wondered about Urbans Primer Potion and had been wanting to try it for some time---thanks for giving me the "go ahead"! I really appreciate this review!

<3 sarasophia

tout-est-des-roses.blogspot.com

Jill,  June 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

I love this stuff. It took me a while to break down and try it, but I'm so glad that I did. I thought I'd pass along a tip I saw a number of times online.

Urban Decay says that no product gets stuck in the tube (because you'd think it would with its weird shape and all). Well, I've seen a number of people online who have cut their bottles in half and there is nearly double the product just stuck in all its weird angles. A lot of people just scooped it all out and put it the remainder in another container. That seems like a lot of work to me. I've heard you can just remove the little stopper at the top of the tube and then you have more flexibility to move the wand around and get stuff out of the creases. Does that make sense? Its hard to explain in a clear concise way. Sorry!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites