Monday, June 8, 2009

Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara

Photobucket
Well, here we are again reviewing another mascara. It's shameful, really. I have more mascaras in my makeup case than I could use in a week. I mostly use my Beauty Tubes because of that whole "no smudging, easy to wash off" thing, but next most often I'll use this one, 3D Extreme by Revlon. I bought it not because I needed another mascara, or that I'd even been curious about it. I bought it only because it came with a free full-size Illuminance Creme Eyeshadow quad. When I opened the mascara, I was initially disappointed in the relatively small wand. It didn't look like it could deliver much punch. In fact, during our photo session including this product, Missy took one look at the wand and thought it would be a negative review. She was very surprised the wand could do a good job. But it did. I love this mascara. It makes my lashes so nice and full and separated. It's supreme, truly. Because I hate waterproof, I do still deal with a very minimal amount of smudging with this product, but it isn't nearly as pronounced as other brands of mascara. It's very faint, if at all. You can buy it for roughly $9 at any drugstore or beauty chain.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 8, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

I had a question about the beauty tubes mascara you rave about. I bought it recently because, like you, I hate when my mascara smudges but I didn't love the tubes. They seemed to pull out my eye lashes. I have noticed a decrease in their fullness that I could only attribute to the different mascara. I would see in the shower every so often an eye lash here or there coming out when I took the mascara off, but after a while there were too many missing. Have you noticed this when you used the beauty tubes?

Kelli June 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

I haven't noticed this at all. It's possible your eyes are just more sensitive...? I'm not sure. I've been able to get the tubes off without necessarily pulling. If I just wash my face warm water, and splash plenty of times, they tend to just slide right off into my hands, and I'll wash one more time for good measure. If that isn't working for you, you might have to find another mascara. And that stinks, because it's a good mascara. I'm sorry I haven't got any more info for you!

* June 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

I laugh at all popular trendy products that are "extreme" anything in their title. Still, $9 is a good buy for some good mascara!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites