Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Olay Age Defying Protective Renewal Lotion

Photobucket

Back when I bought this night cream and loved it, I was using an Aveeno moisturizer I didn't really like. I had every intention of buying Aveeno Postively Radiant Moisturizer, but could NOT find it at Target when I was in desperate need of some. So I decided on this $8 (on sale) moisturizer instead from the same Olay line as my awesome night cream.

Am I disappointed? Nope. It makes my skin super soft and keeps it hydrated all day long. It contains beta-hydroxy and full-spectrum SPF 15. It says it's oil-free and won't clog pores which is majorly important to me because I'm pretty sure I have the largest pores on the planet!

I actually really like this moisturizer. I'm not a fan of the texture of the lotion before I put it on and it takes a few minutes to dry completely (especially in those sticky early Texas mornings), but those are my only two complaints. It has anti-aging ingredients which are always good for your skin, no matter how old or young you are and the ever important SPF 15. If you're looking for a new one to try, I would recommend it. But when it runs out, I'm definitely tracking down the elusive Aveeno moisturizer! I have to see if it's worth all the hype!

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* May 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

I love this one! I use it every day. I do agree with the fact that it takes awhile to dry AND it leaves my face a bit shiny...but I never have dry skin, which is nice. And I like the beta-hydroxy aspect too. The Age-Defying facial scrub wash is awesome, too.

Cat May 19, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

I have to try this. My skin cannot get enough lotion.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer May 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

I too am a fan of the Olay - I use it everyday. I'm interested to hear your thoughts, however, on the Aveeno. I've been curious about that brand in general because I haven't really ever used it. I know they sell it at Costco so if I like it, it would be nice to buy the big-daddy size!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites