Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Maybelline Mineral Power Lipcolor in Sand

Photobucket
While I do like the mineral products out there, that is not why I bought this lipstick. Since Missy and I started this website, I've become more aware of how much I like Maybelline. I never paid much attention to what was what before. But time and again, we post something from Maybelline, and we love it. I have more products on the back-burner to review positively - and many of them are Maybelline. And this lipstick is no exception. It applies easily and smoothly, and the selection of colors is perfect.

About seven years ago, my older sister was driven to the point of obsession to find the perfect neutral beige gloss color that was used on Britney Spears. She could not find it anywhere. She bought many, and many failed. Because of her quest, of which I was an active search party member, it is still ingrained in my brain to find that perfect beige. You know, the color you wear with some massively dramatic rock-n-roll eyes. So on one of my less-than-stellar days about a month ago, I needed a little (cheap) pick-me-up. I saw Maybelline Mineral Power Lipcolors, and this one jumped out at me - Sand. My old drive to find "Britney Spears Beige" fired up, especially when I saw the price of under $5. I brought it home and guess what? Put it on with a clear or shimmery gloss - and you've got Britney Spears Beige looking back at you in the mirror. I can't remember if my sister ever found one she liked or if she just gave up, but I tell her, and you, now: Get thee to the Maybelline section! That is, if you want Britney Spears Beige. Which you may not. And that's okay. I'm sure there's another color just right for you.


2 comments:

Melinda May 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

I bought this same brand of lipstick just the other day! I was at Walgreens looking for new concealer when I happened upon this lipstick. It was on clearance for $1.80 AND it was buy one get one half price!! That totally sold me and I bought TWO for under $3! I bought pink pearl which has a great sheen to it and it's perfect for daily wear, and a darker, more dramatic (for me) plum wine, which I LOVE.

Anonymous,  June 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

I read your post and took a chance on this color, which was a big step for me because I err on the side of raspberry and plum shades. I'd been looking for a good peachy nude just to try it out. I LOVE IT! And you're right--it's TOTALLY Britney.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites