Thursday, May 28, 2009

L'oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments

Photobucket
I LOVE this stuff. LOVE LOVE LOVE. It comes with a great brush that is actually functional, and the array of colors available is to die for. The name is no joke, the pigment is high intensity and beautiful. This is my favorite color, although I do have several others. The pictured color is Intrepid, and I can't even quite describe it. In some lights it's green, in others it looks rusty, in some it's black mixed with a cinnamony shimmer. It's absolutely fabulous. Worn alone, it creates this spectacular, almost "changing picture" quality with the different colors that are created at different angles. Today I layered it over a shimmery gold, and I couldn't stop staring at my eyelids every time I passed a mirror. It's mesmerizing. I also have this eyeshadow in Fiery, a pink that looks a little Barbie in the container, but once applied it is a beautiful, edgy, atypical pink. When I wore Fiery, I received more compliments on my eye-makeup than I think I ever have.

I hate sounding like a broken record and shouting LOVE LOVE LOVE, but with this HiP line L'oreal is selling, it's just absolutely true. I want EVERY. SINGLE. TINY. PRODUCT. it contains. I already reviewed another eyeshadow from the line here. There's a lipgloss I will be reviewing as soon as Missy and I can do another product photo shoot, a lipgloss that has changed my makeuping life. Also up for future review - an eyeliner that has forever solved my smudging eyeliner troubles.

Wow, I just realized we are giving L'oreal a lot of love this week. Oh, well, they rock.

2 comments:

Valerie June 10, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

I have three different colors of this and LOVE it to too! I wish I could find more. The few times I've remembered to look for it, I couldn't find it. I hope that doesn't mean they stopped making it. Although, that is my luck to fall in love with something and then it immediately gets discontinued.

Ivy July 6, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

Thanks for this review, Ive been wanting to try these! It hard to keep my make up looking nice when since I have oily skin & live in FL

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites