Thursday, May 28, 2009

L'oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Skin Re-Smoother & Gel Cleanser

Photobucket

I was at Walmart a few weeks ago feeling the economy blues, but knew I had a $20 bill in allowance (it's what keeps me and my husband going through some tough times, we LOVE our $20 every two week allowances and it helps curb the itch for big purchases!) So I was browsing the skin care section trying to decide what new product I wanted to try.

Kelli had recently reviewed this L'oreal Skin Genesis product and when I was doing that product shoot, I totally thought their packaging was pretty slick. So as I was browsing through that line of products, the Pore Minimizing Skin Re-Smoother jumped out at me. I was intrigued because I seriously have the biggest pores on the planet! I've been cursed with large pores and it's a constant battle to figure out what works best. I was so excited to buy it, even though it has a hefty $17 price tag. Lucky for me, this small bottle of skin re-smoother came with a ginormous FREE bottle of their Gel Cleanser (which retails for around $7). Score!

I use the cleanser twice a day and it's super smooth, foams up really fast and cleans really well! I really like the cleanser, except for the the strong scent. It smells like flowery pink grapefruit and it's a little overpowering. I have to make sure I rinse it off really well or I feel like I can smell it all day long! The Skin Re-Smoother takes about three small pumps to cover my face and neck. While I don't notice a huge difference in the size of my pores yet (it may take more weeks of use) I did notice that it instantly mattifies my skin, which is ALWAYS a good thing. It also tingles a little so I'm sure it's doing something right!

I was hoping to totally and completely love this set, but am still a little underwhelmed. With time I think there will be a nice improvement in my skin, but with a lot of products, it just takes time sometimes. The cleanser works great, but I'm hoping for a bigger improvement in the texture of my skin and pores the longer I use the re-smoother!

0 comments:

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites