Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Pixi and a Dark Horse

Painting my nails relaxes me - don't ask me why. If I had stronger nails, I'd paint them a different color every single day.  I'm obsessed with all the colors of nail polish out there, but I don't like to get all fancy with it - it just isn't me. I see the trend these days to paint one fingernail a completely different color and I don't really like that for me, either.  But tonight as I was digging through my trough(s) of polish, these two kind of landed right next to each other and they looked so good in an "opposites attract/hard meets soft" way that I decided to use both of them. 

On the left we have Pixi Paradise Pink, sold at Targets stores everywhere.  It's a very bubble-gum girly pink, bright and fun.  On the right we have a polish from a wonderful indie brand, Cirque Colors, in Dark Horse.  (From the website:  "Cirque is an artisanal line of hand-blended nail polish made in New York.")  This color is GORGEOUS.  A black base with beautiful multi-colored shimmer.  My pictures could not possibly ever do it justice - I'm a writer and consumer, not a photographer, sorry.  Here's a close-up of the bottle: 
So gorgeous, right?  To get a better idea of the loveliness, try a Google image search of Cirque Colors Dark Horse where people with better cameras can do it more justice. Now, I did nothing fancy or artistic, I just loved seeing the two  colors together so I did the teenager-y thing and painted one fingernail different from the rest.  (My cuticles are a MESS right now, and this isn't my neatest paint job ever, so just squint your eyes and enjoy the overall effect.) I also covered the Paradise Pink with a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust so it sparkles just as much as the Dark Horse. 
The formula on the Pixi is a little thick and hard to work with, and it seemed to take longer to dry, but you also don't need too much for good coverage. The Dark Horse is very thin on the first coat, but after that each coat overs very good coverage.  I recommend using a very shiny topcoat - perhaps even more than one application as the glitter kind of soaks it up.

There will be much more coming in the future as we get back into the groove and find more things to share.  My writing is a little rough right now because I haven't written anything in a few years, so please forgive my awkwardness.  :)  We're glad you're here!

0 comments:

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites