Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Almay Smart Shade Concealer

Photobucket

I got this concealer at Target a while back and paid around $9.99 for it. It's package boasts skin matching pigments, the ability to conceal dark circles, and contains ginko biloba. When I first put it on I freaked because the shade was SO light. Almost white. Then after blending it in, it immediately changed pigment and nearly perfectly matched my skin tone. It acts just like the bottle does, see how the colors on this tiny tube gradient from white to beige? That's precisely what happens, and it's honestly fascinating.

It's too bad that as a concealer this product is really disappointing. As a breakthrough in skin matching technology, sure, it's awesome how it somehow knows what pigment is and matches nearly perfectly to it. But, it settles into my fine lines and clumps and creases as the day goes on. The first couple of times I used it I ended up wiping it off near the end of the day and replacing it with this. I suffered with this Almay concealer for about two weeks before I finally bought something else! Save your money and buy something that won't settle into the creases under your eyes.

Has anyone else tried the Almay Smart Shade foundations? I'm totally curious how well it might work!

1 comments:

gluten free girl in a pasta world October 2, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

I bought this as well and was soooo excited about the fact that it matched my skin....and then about 3 hours later, looked into the mirror and EEEEK! Every line around my eyes, and some I didn't know were there showed up. UGH!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites