Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Maybelline Intense XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara

Photobucket

This post is for my sister (you know who you are) who says she stopped reading P&T because of our mascara obsession. The quest for great mascara is never ending and somewhat futile, but I will never stop!

Especially because I HATE THIS MASCARA. I've never used mascara that had primer with it, not even the Double Extend that Kelli has raved about. So when I was at the store looking for a new mascara to try I saw this and thought "Hm. Intense Volume and Length. It's gotta be awesome." But it totally sucks.

When I first opened the primer I honestly thought it was the cheapest brush I have ever seen on a mascara from such a huge cosmetics company. I went ahead and applied the primer, and my eyes screamed back at me to stop. This brush hurts! It feels cheap and the primer goes on so sparsely I couldn't really even tell if it was working or not. But in my quest to do a proper review I endured the whole process.

The mascara brush was just as bad, same exact brush as the primer. Same spiky torturous lash grabbing and pulling brush. Maybe some of you with less sensitive skin or eyes would have more luck with it, but I was done after the first application. I know some cosmetics can be tough and we endure it anyway, but when it comes to my mascara and my eyes NO WAY!

When I went to Kelli's a few weeks ago to shoot products she pulled out another Maybelline XXL mascara she had bought and it has completely different brushes, ones I might even be able to get on board with. But for now, I'm still searching for a great, low-cost, but actually usable mascara!

3 comments:

MichelleSG July 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Keep reviewing the mascaras. I too am on the hunt for one and appreciate the help. I'm half asain though and my lashes are so straight you can't see them even with mascara on unless I curl them. Oh and the eyelash curler only works if I heat it with the blowdryer (no lie) or under hot water.

Ivy August 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. It does make my lashes noticeably longer but the mascara part sucks. My lashes stick together after I apply the mascara part. I really like Maybellines Great Lash, it makes my lashes look longer & thicker!

Kristi August 4, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

I tried this brand, a month into using have my eyelashed broke off. I've never had this problem with other mascaras. I assume it's because the formula is drying.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites