Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What did you think?

From time to time, we'll be featuring the opinions of our readers who have tried a product we reviewed. If any of you have bought something you saw on our website, we'd love to get your opinion! Please submit any of your reviews (on already posted products or something new you have tried) to primpandtell@gmail.com and you might be posted on the site!


Our first guest is Randi, reviewing L'oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara:

"In my younger, skinnier days I might have thought of myself as somewhat of a fashion conscious girl. Now with two kids, I am lucky to get a shower before the day's end. The days of full make up are pretty much gone from my life. Therefore, I am continually on a quest to find makeup that makes me look “put together” with the least amount of effort.

I was excited to try the L’oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara after Kelli reviewed it. Because my life functions by lists, here is my pro/con/neutral list of the features of this product.

PROS

  • The product does have a substantial wand. Thus following, the primer was easy to maneuver and see. (With other primers that I have used, I have not been able to see where it was applied to my blonde lashes.) This was a plus for me.
  • It really works like it says… my lashes did look longer. And as an added bonus, they looked fuller also.
  • I always seem to end up with black circles under my eyes at the end of the day. But this was not an issue with this mascara. It goes on and stays! Huge plus in my book!

CONS

  • The design of the tube was a bit more of a negative for me. The middle connecter was fat and the brushes themselves were relatively short. Thus following, it was difficult to apply the mascara to my bottom lashes, which is a must for my minimalistic make-up regimen. After a bit of practice, I have figured out how to work around this but the application to my lower lashes is still not as smooth as I would like it.

NEUTRAL

  • Kelli described the removal of this mascara as “tiny, thin strings”. I did not quite understand until I used the product. I compare it to the removal of rubber cement at the end of a project - it just kind of rubs off in rubbery strings. I think this is way cool, however unnerving it might have been at first.
  • You do have to be careful to not apply too much of this mascara because it would be easy to end up with "Tammy Faye Baker Eyes."

So, there is my review. Thanks for reading my two cents worth.

— Randi"

0 comments:

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites