Monday, April 20, 2009

L'oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipstick

Photobucket
Ah, I'm a ball of conflicted emotions over L'oreal's Infallible Lipstick. I suppose it depends on what you are wanting in your lipstick. This is DEFINITELY for those who are looking for something you can apply and forget about it. Once it's on, it's not going anywhere. From the second I put it on, when it instantly fused to my lips, to many hours later when I was trying to take it off with Vaseline, it did not budge, fade, or bleed. It was quite spectacular. I think I could have sucked face with a bottle of bleach and the color would have stayed strong.

However, and this is where some of you may disagree, I'm weird about the way things feel, and literally as soon as I put this on, I was extremely aware that it was there. My lips felt kind of tight, and it drove me completely nuts. It comes with a conditioner that you apply on top of the color, and it helped that feeling of tightness a bit, but not enough for me to wear it again. I have sensory issues and simply could not put up with it. Maybe if I'd been more in love with the color, I could have found a way to save the relationship, but alas, we had to part. Possibly I'll try another color in the future to see if it would be worth it to me, but it would have to be very inexpensive. Like, you know, free.

7 comments:

Sarah Young April 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Mental picture of Kelli sucking face with a bottle of bleach! Hahaha! I know what you mean though, lips are supposed to feel soft and supple, not tight!

P.S. I threw out some love for this site on my new blog www.bargainlovincheapchicks.com ! I love you've got my back in the world of beauty thriftiness!

Zombie Girrrl April 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Sounds like one the things that will be floating around in space long after the apocalypse. Sporks, plastic bags, and Infallible Lipstick. I tried one of those never wears off lip things. Mine was in the form of a really cute pink gloss, but the feeling of it was way too weird and it made my usually smooth lips all peely and weird. I only used it twice. :(

Zombie Girrrl April 21, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

PS> Does anyone else think the lipstick case looks like a lighter?

Cori April 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

One question? You try all this make-up all the time and then a lot of times you do not like it. Do you just have a huge box full of graveyard make-up in your house? Just curious.

I think I might go get some of this cause I need something that will not come off no matter what!!!

Kelli April 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Well, I don't know about Missy, but for me it just depends. Most of the time, I still keep it, hoping I'll find a use for it. Or my sisters and I give each other a lot of stuff to try if we don't like it. Very rarely do I hate something so much that I toss it. The Infallible lipstick, for example, if I was going to, say, an amusement park, I would wear it with light makeup just so I wouldn't look like a washed up corpse once I got all sweaty and gross.

Southern_girl409 April 22, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Just reading your comments Im on the floor dyeing laughing! This lipstick cant be that hard to take off!...but guess what Im gonna take you at your word. This will be on lipstick off "try-out list"!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites