Friday, April 24, 2009

TRESemmé Tres Two Hair Spray

Photobucket
I recently spent around $4 for a Pantene hairspray I hated (Ice Shine). When I was at the store looking for a new one to try I saw this Tres Two Extra Hold from TRESemmé (around $3.50). The thing that sold me? The small little icon that says "All Day Control. Climate Control. Humidity Resistance."

Kelli and I live in Texas where the summers are hot and the humidity can kill a great hair day the minute you step out your front door. Our winters are dry and it's then that I take the time to flat iron and keep my hair styled great because we're not battling the incessant heat and humidity. Summers here call for ponytails and curls. Even though it's springtime, the summer heat is already creeping in on us. So far though? This hair spray has done its job.

This is really unlike any other inexpensive hairspray I've tried before. It's really dry and not sticky at ALL (I loathe sticky hairsprays!) So when you first spray it on it's hard to tell if you actually got it where you intended. I looked at the spray nozzle to make sure it wasn't turned backwards the first time. The only downside I've seen it is that the fact that it's so dry really means it dulls your hair out a little. I combat this by spraying it on, running my flat iron through the front parts of my hair to get some of the shine back and that seems to help. But it honestly does keep your hair really smooth and dry all day long. I was really impressed! Now if you already live in a super dry climate, this may be dryness overkill, but it still has great hold and smells good too. I think I might even pick up the mousse from this same line for those summer curls.

Come July and August when it's 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity I may be changing my tune, but I'm keep my hopes up for this one to save my summer hair!

2 comments:

Cat April 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

I am excited about this hairspray. We go thru alot of it in our house and this sounds like one that may finally work! Thanks!

Minnie May 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hairspray. I use it all the time. I love that the mist is extremely fine, I have stick-straight very healthy hair, and it keeps it exactly where I put it!

Did I mention I LOOOOOOVE it?

Seriously. I'd marry it if that were allowed.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites