Thursday, April 16, 2009

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara

Photobucket

If you haven't noticed, we love mascara. We buy lots of it and hardly ever wear the same tube twice in a row. I've tried countless numbers of mascara over the years and have love/hate relationships with most of them. This mascara is no different, but I still kind of love it!

I bought it after being extremely disappointed with Maybelline Stiletto Mascara. This one says it's for tons of volume and even contains collagen. The first time I used this I loved it, mostly because I sat there and applied it in one sitting. But I was working full-time at the time and often applied my first coat of mascara in the car then the rest in the parking lot at work. That's when I started hating it. Because that's just not a good idea and I did it anyway, much to the dismay of my lashes.

Now that I'm, well, a victim of the current economic climate, I have a bit more time to apply my make up. And I'm totally loving this stuff. The package says it applies in one coat, but I have to put on more than one. I just have to. This goes on really smooth, covers your lashes fast and the collagen I swear helps keep your lashes from sticking together and getting spidery. The brush is full and stiff and awesome. I can apply 5 or 6 coats if I want a crazy dramatic full look and my lashes STILL won't stick together. I love it. I originally paid $6.99 for it at Walmart then went and picked up a double pack at Target for $6.49 last week. I'm sure when I've used up these two tubes I'll move on to another — I'm that fickle. But it's a love affair I'm enjoying while it lasts.

1 comments:

Mrs. O April 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Smith's had all their Maybelline 40% off last time I was there - so nice!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites