Tuesday, April 14, 2009

L'oreal Wear Infinite Made for Me Naturals Eye Shadow Quads

Photobucket
Let me start by saying I love L'oreal's eyeshadow quads. Just in case you aren't good at applying eye makeup, or aren't exactly sure where to put what, the back of these quads gives you a little "face map" telling you which color goes where, and how to apply it. I really like that. I'm in this process of trying to learn as much as I can about makeup application so I can be a real "expert," and this gives me a good jumping off point. I start there, and then go off on my own variations, and apply some of the advice to other colors.

However, I'm not so impressed with these "Made for Me" quads. But it may be unfair for me to be the reviewer of these particular eyeshadows. The reason being that my complaint is they were too subtle. I LOVE bright colors on my eyes (you know, tastefully done). I bought the set made for hazel eyes since, well, my eyes are hazel-y. (Really they are more green - but I couldn't find the set for green eyes. Maybe that was the problem.) And I found when I passed the mirror throughout the day, I would kind of grimace at my reflection. I just didn't like it at all. I can't even quite describe it, it just looked "blah" to me. I do own some of L'oreal's other eyeshadow quads (linked in first paragraph) and I really like them - even if the colors are more toned down from what I usually like. (On another note, L'oreal's HiP collection is my soulmate. I'll be talking about some of those tomorrow) Bottom line, I just didn't feel these "accentuated" my eyes one bit. Or maybe I was too distracted by the "blah."

If someone else has had a different experience, perhaps with one of the sets for another color of eye, I would love to hear from you. Because I am so biased. Give me bright color or give me death. Put that on my tombstone.

0 comments:

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites