Monday, March 2, 2009

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color

Photobucket
When I was 20, my roommate had a penchant for green nail polish. I hated it. I remember the first time I looked down and saw it on her toes, I almost jumped out of my skin and exclaimed, “HOLY CRAP! Kori! You have fungus on your toes!” And I really thought she did. Although green is tied for my favorite color, I’ve never warmed to the idea of it as a nail polish.

About six months ago, one of my magazines said dark green was the newest trend in nail color. (Regrettably, I cannot remember which magazine, but Google “green nail polish trend.” I kid you not.) I’m not one to follow a trend just for the sake of the trend, but because the green was so dark, it actually looked kind of slick, and – dare I say – hot. I immediately began looking for some like what I saw in the magazine, but there were none. Just that same pale, fungus color. But finally, one day, a green polish jumped off of the shelf and into my grubby little paws. The polish is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color, the name is Jumpin’ Jade, but I wouldn’t really consider the color jade - it is a beautiful, deep emerald green and is very chic. Nothing fungus-y about it. The name is also not a lie: it dries fast. It's a great buy at around $4.99. Of course, green is not for everyone, and there are lots of fabulous colors in the same line: midnight blue, black-purple, although with more imaginative names, of course. I also bought the Uptempo Plum, a very deep shimmery purple.

I went back later and bought one extra in those same colors to pass on to two of you! Please e-mail us at primpandtell@gmail.com to enter to win this giveaway! Again, you have until Thursday at 5 pm to submit your entry. Please specify in the e-mail which color you prefer, and we’ll actually hold two separate drawings. That way, someone who hates green won’t end up with green nail polish! Thanks for reading, invite your friends, and good luck!

**This giveaway is now closed! Thanks for entering!**

1 comments:

Shannon March 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

i love love LOVE that dark purple Kelli! I have been searching high and low for a dark and glittery shade (and I have a handful of rejects to prove it!), I may just have to borrow yours...if I don't win ;) to check out the color. I should have looked closer saturday...

and um, LOL on the fungus story, i think we have chuckled over that one before. it's still funny.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites