Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Garnier Fructis Leave-in Conditioning Cream

Photobucket

I read a lot of beauty and fashion magazines. And nine times out of ten, when they ask a model, gorgeous celebrity or famous hair-stylist how they create such enviable, beachy waves, they have the same answer. "At night, apply leave-in conditioner and wrap hair up in a bun. Take it down in the morning and VOILA!" I wanted it to be true because I am a faithful night bather. I cannot go to bed without a shower, which means I either blow-dry my hair at night while I'm exhausted out of my mind, or I go to bed with wet hair. And we all know how that can turn out, not to mention totally uncomfortable. Since I've had my third baby, time is so limited that I don't have time to flat-iron my hair in the morning or even condition it most days, so when I saw Garnier Fructis's Leave-in Conditioning Cream on the shelf I decided to give the old "conditioner in a bun" thing a whirl. Um, it totally works! I loved my hair the next day. Not only did it look great, but it was also so very soft.

But there's more. One night, I went to bed with wet hair and didn't pull it back. The entire next day, my hair was a complete snarled, frizzy mess. We were going to have dinner with friends, and I needed an emergency bad-hair solution. I grabbed the leave-in conditioner and worked it through my hair. It smoothed and straightened right up. I parted it on the side and worked it into a sleek, low ponytail, which of course called for big gold hoop earrings. I loved the look - even though I was wearing a plain t-shirt, ratty jeans and flip-flops, I felt foxy. And really isn't feeling foxy more than half the battle? Plus, my hairstyle stayed strong through a chaotic dinner with good friends and lots of kids, and all the way through wrangling my boys to bed. This product is going to be a staple in my arsenal for a long time to come.

9 comments:

Mubeen March 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

oooh, I'll have to try it! I have horrible hair unless I fix it with a flat iron or mousse it curly. Thanks!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer March 4, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Oh, I'm so glad you posted this! I actually bought that product at CVS not too long ago because I got a killer deal on it so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I have yet to actually use it, but now I can't wait!

Shellie March 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

I totally love this stuff! I have been using it for a year now and it's a hair staple in my book!

Shannon March 4, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

ok, you LOOKED foxy, and now I know your hair secret! And I am just reading this now, but I was at walmart today, and I kid you not, was browsing SOMETHING to make my hair sleek, and NOT 8 dollars a bottle! Darn me for not checking this site before I went shopping, LOL!

Amber March 5, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

I picked this up a few days ago because I was out of my regular smoothing serum that G.F. makes. This was right by it on the shelf and I decided to give it a try (it was also less expensive). LOVED IT! I'll have to give the bun at night thing a try. Also I picked up the C.G. Lipstain on your recommendations and ... LOVED IT! Thanks so much!

Borton Family March 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

I bought this yesterday and cant wait to try it today.

Gabby March 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

I bought this product about a month or so ago because I was needing another leave-in-type conditioner (I really can't use regular in the shower, as my hair gets too greasy), and when I saw this for $2.99 on the shelf at Kroger (sale price) I thought I'd give it a whirl. So far I really like it, and for the price, it's really good. AND, CVS has a deal goin' on with garnier and getting some ECBs back, so I may have to stock up! ^_^

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} March 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

I've read the articles about the beautiful beachy waves too. That plus your review made me give it a try. Sadly, I did not have such great results. While my hair felt great, I did not get the beautiful waves, even with a couple of tries.

Lydia April 8, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

My hair didn't work with the bun thing, but it did make my hair soft, keep the frizz down, and help the natural curl pattern! I love its smell too!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites