Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Almay Pure Blends Finishing Powder

Photobucket
Almay has come out with a new line of cosmetics that are made from over 95% natural ingredients. They are called Almay Pure Blends, and they are hypoallergenic and eco-friendly. Even the packaging is biodegradable. *Sigh* The packaging. I got caught again by packaging. This box is so clean-looking and pretty. And the one I picked had the word "shimmer" on it. See, a part of me likes to believe that even though I am not actually a fairy, I can kind of look like one by adding a little "shimmer" to my life. So the pretty, clean, pink packaging bearing the word shimmer drew me in. And while I don't really have anything negative to say about this product, I'm not singing operatic praises about it, either. It did give me a subtle, pretty shimmer, but really the only extra recommendation for this powder is the fact that it is natural. I will say I didn't care for the puff that came with it. It was kind of stiff and didn't apply well; I used a powder brush. I know lots of people that really care about making sure their products are natural and safe, and this is a very good product for them. So for those of you who like natural, biodegradable cosmetics, they also have eye shadow, blush, lip gloss, blush/bronzer and foundation. In fact, when I bought the powder, it had a free eye shadow that came with it, which is also a very good reason why I bought it. I'm a sucker for a freebie. There you have it - not a glowing recommendation - but not a "stay away" either. It's all up to YOU. Isn't that nice?

2 comments:

Missy March 11, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I definitely think Almay has some of the most chic product packaging of any cosmetics at the drug store!

Simply Sarah *K* March 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

I saw this product today at the store and have to agree their packaging is superb! And the price is great...almost bought myself some lipgloss b/c of the pretty container!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites