Friday, February 20, 2009

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

Photobucket
I have naturally long curly eyelashes. Most of my sisters have to use eyelash curlers so I have no idea how I got so lucky. So ultimately when I'm looking for a new mascara I go for a little more length, but I also need a little volume. I'd seen commercials for this Maybelline mascara and was really excited to try it. It's around $8 at the drug store which is higher than the usual $5 I like to pay. (I know I'm cheap.)

First glance this mascara is cool. Sleek black packaging, cool metallic red tip. Right away it made me think of Christian Louboutins. Shoes I could never afford. I love great product packaging and containers and will half the time pick one product over another because it looks cooler.

Anyway. My first reaction to this stuff is that it stinks. I've never thought of mascara as having a smell before, but this stuff definitely has a smell to it, and it's not a good one. And considering you have to put the stuff so close to your nose, that doesn't bode well for the final product. Unfortunately, the smell wasn't the worst thing about this mascara. The brush is spiky with short bristles. Which is pretty much how it made my eyelashes.

I think it tries to "pull" and "tug" on your lashes to make them longer which actually kind of hurts. And the fact that the bristles are so short makes it harder to get the volume I like in a mascara. It takes a lot of coats to get a proper look but it's flaky and doesn't hold up to hours of wear. Needless to say I'm totally disappointed. I actually went back to my old soon to be nearly dried out mascara till I can find a new one I like better.

6 comments:

Mubeen February 23, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

I saw the commercial for this about a week ago and was wondering about it. Thanks!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} February 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

I thought of Christian Loubouton when I saw this, too! Such pretty shoes. What a shame this doesn't work.

Melinda February 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Hey! I don't have to use an eyelash curler!! My eyelashes are fabulous! Great site, though!

Sarah Young February 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Okay, I'm glad you gave me the skinny. I saw a commericial for this and also was curious if it worked. You've inspired me to stick with what I've been happy with FOR YEARS... Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara in Rich Black. My total favorito!

Kara February 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

Good to know. I get sucked into packaging as well.

Unknown February 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

I've been eyeing this mascara as well...I'm glad to hear I shouldn't waste my money cause that's exactly what I would of done...

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites