Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow

Photobucket
One of my best friends in high school, Jill, was beautiful. Arrestingly, disgustingly so. She had dark hair and the most amazing green/turquoise eyes. I can't quite describe their color any better as I've never seen it anywhere else. She was beautiful enough that she didn't have to wear a stitch of makeup, and she didn't, except for this lipstick. In this very color. Jill didn't carry a purse, but she carried Cherries in the Snow in her pocket like most people might do with Chapstick. She designed and sewed much of her own clothing. I envied her beauty and creativity so much, and wanted to be like her, but I lacked her confidence and her "to hell with what you think" attitude. As an adult, I'm a lot more confident, because over the years I've realized I have a lot to be confident about: I think I'm pretty funny, a good friend, not horribly shabby-looking (except for lotsa-love handles...) Many times I've wished I could just grab High School Kelli and say, "Chill out! Don't feel sorry for yourself! People like you! You are pretty! You are fun! Now go have a life!"

About a year ago, I was browsing cosmetics, and I just happened to look down, right at Cherries in the Snow. I smiled to myself as I grabbed it, popped off the cap, rolled it up and admired the color. I thought about Jill and high school. I thought about how even though I wish I had no regrets, I do have them, and I wish I could go back and let myself be me. I always thought it was such a gorgeous color. So I bought it, and I wear it, and I love it. I feel beautiful when I wear it. Not in a "being like Jill" way, but in a "Kelli ain't so bad" way. I wear it to make up for lost opportunities, ones that I lost because I was too scared.

Now I think I need to dig Jill's phone number out of my cell phone and give her a call.

2 comments:

MichelleSG May 7, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

I LOVE that color. I'm hitting up Walmart to pick it up on the way home. And don't get me started on high school regrets, I could go on for days....

Minnie,  May 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

I have a friend Peggy who wears red, to me she is so bold.

I could never do that. I know how you feel.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites