Thursday, May 14, 2009

Conair Straightening Iron

Photobucket
I'm honestly not sure which straightening iron this is. Perhaps this one? I bought it a while back, so I forget the specifics. It served its purpose for a while, but I was never completely happy with it. It merely makes my hair less wavy. Not straight. Not by a long shot. I guess it doesn't get quite hot enough. Also, it feels like my hair is being ripped out by the roots when I use it. Oh, wait. My hair IS being ripped out by the roots when I use it. Whatever hair is left is then broken in half. I can look down at the bathroom sink and see enough mutilated hair to make a toupee for Sasquatch after a campfire mishap. I originally bought it because it was pretty cheap, around $19.99, and I'm a broke little lass. I guess you truly get what you pay for. My hair is at an in-between stage right now, so I couldn't take the painful mediocrity any longer. A few months ago, when my husband's job still let him have overtime and we could afford it, I bought a better one, which I'll be reviewing tomorrow. Now don't get me wrong, the new one is not one of those $79.99 - $100.00 devices - I absolutely cannot afford that. But it was a bit more than this one, and so much better than mediocre. To be continued...

3 comments:

Borton Family May 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I totally agree with you Kelli, I just bought another one to replace that one. I hope it works better.

Ivy July 6, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

I had this flat iron too. Not only did it rip my hair out as well but it burned my hair way too easily & I have extremely thick hair. My flat irons also broke, I went through 3 of them in less than a year! I just recently purchased the Remmington Wet & Dry flay iron & I looooooove it! It helps my hair stay extremely straight (which is nothing short of a miracle here in FL!)with the help of anti friz serum & anti humidity creme which I only use when I wash my hair. I was using these products when I had the Conair flat iron & my hair would still friz up. It does such a good job that even my coworker asked what have I been doing to my hair lately lol

Anonymous,  January 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

Not even i had it and its was fine on me........

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites