Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer

Photobucket

Primer, primer, primer. That's all any article on makeup application can say. "Use primer." Supposedly it will help your makeup go on smoother and your skin tone more even, as well as making it last much longer. So I've had my eye out for a good one for a while. The drugstores and Targets that I usually visit don't carry any, until I found this one from Rimmel, which is one of the most inexpensive brands of makeup. That isn't a bad thing by any means - but sometimes, price does matter. And I think this is probably one of those times. I was turned off when I first opened it because it's very thick, and the color is this horrible orange. I was afraid it would look like I had bought a foundation that was twelve shades too dark, but I will give it a positive mark by saying it disappeared very easily into my skin. Applying it is a no-brainer, although you have to really pay attention and blend A LOT. But other than that, I really didn't notice anything special. I could tell no difference in the appearance of my makeup, nor did it seem to make it last any longer. I was just unimpressed. Nothing about it convinces me I need to add an extra layer to my moisturizer, and I doubt it would for you, either. Especially if your moisturizer doesn't contain SPF and you apply that separately - that's a lot of gunk on your face, you know? I still would like to keep looking for one that's not too expensive, but still performs the way all the gurus promise. I'll let you know if I find one. Maybe I need to go to Ulta... Man, that place is dangerous if you have any money in your wallet.

4 comments:

Faintastic! April 1, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Natural Beauty by Sally Hansen has a primer. Haven't tried it though.

MichelleSG April 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Ulta is very dangerous! I only use an eye primer and it does work. I use the one by Mary Kay and it is $12 I think. I makes it so your eye shadow doesn't move, like at all. I always had a problem with it traveling below my eyes (I don't know why) but with the eye primer you have to use the good eye make up remover to get it off.

Stephanie D,  April 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

thank you for this review, you just saved me a few bucks I couldn't really afford to spend on this primer I was eyeing walmart!

Amanda Faye December 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Hello there, I went into sephora today and I too have been looking for A primer. So I asked them and they let me sample the: Too faced prime and poreless primer and I must say I LOVED IT and I DID notice A HUGE difference.. BUT .. It was way pricey.. 30 bucks for A tube possibly worth it since you dont use much anyways try it I know you will love it.. xoxo

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites