Monday, April 20, 2009

Ped Egg Professional

Photobucket
If you can get past the infomercial stigma, this thing totally rocks. In these lean times when almost everyone is struggling, paying $35 or more for a good pedicure seems a bit lavish, at least for me and a lot of my friends. The Ped Egg is only $9.99, and honestly, I think my feet are smoother after I use it than when I get a professional pedicure. Thank goodness the sterilization techniques at salons have improved, but as a result, most places don't use razors on your feet anymore, and old-school pedicures that made your feet feel like a baby's butt are hard to find. Since, I have not been satisfied with any pedicures. But this little gem does the job just fine. It has a "grater" that you use to exfoliate your feet, and it attaches to a compartment that catches the dead skin. (And it is the yuckiest kind of cool to look at what pours out of the compartment when you dump it; much like not being able to look away from a car accident.) Afterwards, I apply a good foot cream and wear socks to bed. The next morning my feet feel so much smoother and look worlds better. You can purchase one at Target, and in certain locations you can even find replacement grater thing-a-ma-bobs. You can also find them available for purchase online through a Google search. Enjoy your soft feet, and enjoy the wonderfully disgusting ritual of emptying your yucky dead foot skin!

7 comments:

April April 20, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

If you have a Walgreens they sell them there too... and three replacement blades in a package for $9.99. :)

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer April 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Thanks for this review!! I've been wondering about this little gadget for a while now. Since moving to Arizona, I officially have "desert feet." Anyone who has lived in dry, hot weather knows exactly what I mean...and let's just say it ain't pretty. I think I may have to try this puppy out. Thanks again for this post!

Melinda April 20, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I LOVE my Ped-Egg! I didn't buy mine until I saw it reviewed on a a "Deal or Dud" segment on Channel 4 News last year. They went to professional salons and had the techs try them out, and they overwhelmingly said that it works just as well, or BETTER, than the methods that they use! You can find them, and the replacements, at CVS as well.

Mubeen April 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I bought it off ebay, including 2 emory boards, for $3.95. In fact, they still have some listed for that price. FREE shipping.

Sarah Young April 20, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

I have been wanting one since the first informercial! Is it time for me to bite the bullet and finally get one?!

Ooh, just saw Mubeen's comment, I'm LOVIN' that!

K is for Calligraphy April 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Thank you for the review! Sometimes infomercials sound too good to be true. Guess what my mother is going to be getting for Mother's Day!

Zombie Girrrl April 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Those might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but dumping the skin is completely vomitous! I have a mild phobia about dead skin. *shudder* I think I'll stick with my tride and true foot pumis stone.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites