Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Eco-tools 5 piece Brush Set

Photobucket
I bought this Eco-tools brush set at Target because I am completely addicted to buying cosmetic brushes. I've been reading for years how really great makeup application depends on the brushes you use, and I've discovered it's absolutely true, so I'm constantly in search for some great brushes. (And it's a good thing I'm broke right now, because if I wasn't, these other Sonia Kashuk brushes would have a place of honor among my makeup. I can't even express how much I want that set.) The Eco-tools set includes an eye-shading brush, eyeliner brush, lash & brow brush, concealer brush, and the absolute SOFTEST blush brush that will ever touch your skin. (Ask Missy, she knows.) They are really good brushes, sturdy (as opposed to a few other sets that broke on the first try), cool-looking, made from bamboo. They come with that nice little cosmetic case made from natural cotton and hemp. They do a wonderful job of applying and blending colors cleanly and beautifully. This is a great kit for travel, and/or for someone trying out brushes like these for the first time. I bought it for $14.99 in the store, but I am happy to pass on to you that I found them on Target's website for only $10.99.

6 comments:

deb@virginia blue April 9, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

It's so true...good makeup brushes make a huge difference.

I've been eyeing the Sonia Kashuk brushes for a long time, too!!

Missy April 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Oh man I love these brushes! Not only because they're eco-friendly and SUPER affordable, but they also work great. They're soft but stiff and the handles are smooth and durable. And I swear I wanted to massage my face with the blush brush because it's the softest thing in the whole world. I told Kelli I had never considered using loose powder on my face till I used that blush brush and now I'm keep my eyes open for a good setting powder. :)

Marie Morton,  April 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I love eco-tools also, they're soo soft! I actually came across a blog recently that's giving away a whole set!! http://shoptherapy.pronto.com/pronto-beauty/earth-month-giveaway-eco-tools/

Mubeen April 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

So..my cousin swears that applying pressed powder with a loose powder brush instead of a sponge (which I still use) gives you better, even coverage. Is this true? I feel like if I use anything other than my sponge applicator, I won't get the same coverage.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} April 9, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

I'm in desperate need of some new makeup brushes, I'll be looking for these the next time I'm at Target. Thanks!

Becky June 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

If they are as wonderful as you say then that is one heck of a fab bargain! Looking for 'em my next trip to TarGhet too!

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites