Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer

Photobucket

I mentioned this moisturizer in a Q&A a while back, but wanted to give you my full review. I bought this at Target for around $12 one day when all Aveeno products were 10% off. If you love Aveeno products, you probably always buy them when they're on sale because it happens so infrequently, and they tend to range on the more expensive side of the aisle.

Someone I used to work with recommended I buy Aveeno moisturizers and when I was at the store I couldn't remember which one they said to buy. I grabbed this one and discovered a couple of days later it was the wrong one. I am not one to just run out and spend another $12 on moisturizer so I have been using this one for a couple of months, waiting for it to run out so I can get Aveeno’s Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer.

That being said, this stuff isn't bad by any means. It's just not great. I'm not a fan of the smell, or the texture. And even though I have sensitive skin, this stuff is for people with REALLY sensitive skin, perhaps even if you are prone to major skin irritation on your face. The SPF 15 is definitely a big plus, but most Aveeno moisturizers have it. It keeps my skin pretty well hydrated, but I don't like the texture of my skin after I use it. I'm used to how soft other products leave my skin and so I was pretty disappointed.

Buy this moisturizer if you have really sensitive skin. Don't buy it if you're looking for something ultra moisturizing and skin softening. This one just didn't cut it for me, but I'm nearly out so I'll give you all a heads up on how I feel about Positively Radiant!

2 comments:

Unguren April 2, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

If you want something that makes your face feel smooth and lovely...you should try Lumene premium beauty rejuvenating cream cleanser. It is like a little piece of heaven.

Kelli April 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

I LOVE LUMENE! Oh, my gosh, I wish I could afford to buy it on a regular basis. Every single product of Lumene's I have used is just amazing. It's on my docket of things to review in the future. I usually have to catch it on clearance, but I do love it. I don't know what "arctic cloudberry" is, but I like it.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites