Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sonia Kashuk Sheer Magic Mineral Face Palette

Photobucket
Being a victim of packaging like I am, I had to buy this product at Target from Sonia Kashuk's line. Everything stacks so nicely and neatly in a compact little container: a concealer, blush, and powder foundation. I loved all three products. The concealer worked better than anything I have tried in a while. It looked natural, not like white raccoon eyes, and it did not settle into my fine lines. It blended right in with the rest of my skin. I was a little skeptical about a powder foundation, and was not completely sure how it was supposed to be applied. I improvised and actually used a foundation brush. It covered so much better than I was thinking it would. My skin evened right out, the powder was not too thick, and in the end my skin just looked like it naturally is even and smooth. It is perfect for someone who doesn't like the feel of makeup and just wants something that feels light but covers well. I love a very pink blush because I think it looks so pretty and natural when blended right, and the pink blush here is gorgeous. The blush gave me that perfectly flushed, healthy glow. Having watched Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist the night before, I was inspired to copy Kat Dennings' look in the movie. Her skin is flawless, and she wore black liner on the top lid with bold red lips – very 40s retro. She’s gorgeous, and I used to wear that look more, but haven’t in a while. I was inspired by how nice my skin looked to try it again, and I just loved the entire finished look and I definitely recommend this, especially for those who don’t like to wear a lot of makeup. At $14.99, it’s well worth it, especially as it contains all three basics.

I realize most of my reviews have been quite positive. But thou shalt not worry - I have some duds to post about in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 6, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Thanks for the info. You really need to post something about your Scentsy. I would love to know your thoughts on it.

Bittles March 7, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Have you seen any products similar to this that doesn't come with the blush? I have been looking into powder foundation for a while and really want to try it, but I have way too much blush...do they sell the powder/concealer separately, or is there a similar product that just sells the powder foundation?
Thanks!

Kelli March 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Betsy, I'm going to e-mail you.

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites