Thursday, March 19, 2009

Neutrogena 14-Day Skin Rescue

Photobucket
When I wrote this little article a couple of weeks ago, I said I had bought this product and would begin using it that very day so I could let you know whether or not the $23.99 was worth it.

*Sigh* The truth is - I just don't know.

I decided to keep a little "diary" of my daily use, documenting immediate reactions, eventual changes, etc. Here's what I got:

Night 1 – I actually really like the feel of the cleanser. Just the tiniest bit grainy, but otherwise soft and smooth. Also smells quite nice. The night cream was just that, a cream. No real thoughts about it, yet. It’s probably my imagination because I’m having a good skin day, but I swear my face seems a little glowier.

Morning 2 – Again, my skin seems extra radiant and fresh. I think it’s the cleanser.

Night 3 – The packaging promises day 1-3 you will enjoy a “revived, healthy glow.” And it’s true. Today I’ve had one of the best skin days I’ve had in a very long time. I mean, since this is an honest website telling the truth – here goes. My chin breaks out BAD from ingrown hairs. And I hate it because I feel like I look dirty and unkempt. But, no blemishes on my chin today. Coincidence? I’m thinking not, but let’s see.

And that's where I stopped. Laziness? No - just nothing else happened, at least nothing that "inspired" me to sit and write about it. I still had some breakouts. My skin might have been slightly more smooth than normal - but I have good weeks like that at times anyway. So I can't say for certain it was the Rescue kit. And it really is for only 14 days, the containers of product are small and won't much beyond that, if at all.

I guess after all is said and done - I'd have to say $23.99 is A LOT OF MONEY to not be totally WOWED by the results. (Especially now.) And maybe it's just my skin; I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's not horrible either. Perhaps someone with slightly more severe skin problems than I have would see more results. But maybe just exfoliating correctly and finding the right day and night moisturizers for your skin will do the trick. I wish I could tell you 100% one way or the other, or even 75%, but I can't. Decide for yourself. Or better yet, let your budget decide if it's worth trying.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 18, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

I have used the Neutrogena 14 day skin resue for the entire 14 days and I can honestly say that my skin hasn't looked this GREAT in years! As promised,my skin is luminous,smooth,soft,and blemish-free. In addition all those little red marks and age spots have vanished! I wish I had discovered this product years ago. Not bad for a 49 year old!

Anonymous,  November 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

I agree! I am using it now and LOVE it. I tried switching bad to my old routine and just can't. I am going to continue with the Neutrogena 14 day forever:)

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites