Friday, March 27, 2009

Maybelline Pure Makeup Foundation

Photobucket
I was talking to my sister the other day, and she mentioned that just about everything we've reviewed on here is new stuff, and that I should review something that I've used for a while, something I'm faithful to. There really aren't a lot of things that I do stick with because I just love new products. Even if I am in love with one particular product, if something similar comes out on the market, I leave the old product behind like a greasy, chubby guy that I made out with in loneliness because my future husband was 2000 miles away for two years. Not that I've ever done that. Ahem.

Moving on, the only thing I have used consistently for at least a couple of years is this Pure Makeup Foundation by Maybelline. The fact that it is so cheap, usually less that $5, isn't even the best thing about it. So many foundations feel very heavy, and end up looking pasty. This one is light, but covers well. I once bought a $12 tinted moisturizer from Neutrogena, and I liked how smooth it was and how easy to blend in, but it didn't offer enough coverage. It's still rotting away in my makeup kit. But the Pure Makeup Foundation feels like the best of both - a light and thin liquid that does an amazing job of evening out your skin tone. I know a lot of people are leery of foundation because they fear that caked-on look. But if you just apply on your trouble areas and blend it in, this one is a great tool for a flawless-looking face. I only ever use it on my nose, chin, and any spots I may have. I very highly recommend this for anyone who is scared of taking the leap into Foundation Land. I would buy this if it cost four times as much. Coincidentally, Missy bought this recently, and she also has nothing but good things to say, and she'll be leaving her two cents in our comment section.

6 comments:

Missy March 27, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

When we were doing a round of product shots at Kelli's house, this foundation really intrigued me! So when I was at the grocery store and it was less than $5 I had to try it! I've been using Nutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup for longer than I can even remember and the $13 price tag I pay for that isn't worth it to me when this super inexpensive, but really great foundation works just well, if not BETTER! It keeps your skin so well covered, but so soft and smooth. I found it's the perfect pairing to the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder I've been using!

Kelli March 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

You know, I always thought I was a L'oreal whore, but looking at our labels, we've reviewed more Maybelline than anything.

Melinda March 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

I never wanted to wear foundation because of the caked on feeling that it gave me, but 3 years ago I decided my face needed a little evening out. I went to Wal-Mart and looked and looked, and settled on this foundation, mainly because of the price, but also because it was oil-free and made with water. It's awesome! It's so light-weight I don't even feel it on me, and it covers really well!

Shannon March 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

ha! I have this too! And when i am in a hurry and just want something quick to put on, I use this. I love it, I really do.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} March 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

I'm a happily satisfied user of this product, too! I also originally picked mine up because of the price but have kept using it because of how well it works.

faith perez,  June 14, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Does this Cover Blemishes well??
And is it hypoallergenic??

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites