Thursday, February 26, 2009

Paul Mitchell Daily Boost Root Lifter

Photobucket

I got my haircut a few months ago at one of those salons that's in the same strip mall as a grocery store. I know that's taking a huge risk, but I'd been there before and they always do a great job. This time they did not disappoint. I got a better cut there than the $40 I spent the few months before at a real salon and for half the price.

Like most salons they always try to get you to buy products before you leave. I always say no. My haircut this time was SHORT so I knew I'd need some sort of volumizing tool. So I checked out their clearance table and picked up a bottle of Paul Mitchell Daily Boost Root Lifter for $6 (half price). The stuff is amazing, but it's a little sensitive. Put on too little and you can't tell a difference. Put on too much and it'll add too much coarseness and you won't be able to slide your flat iron through your hair.

BUT pair the right amount with a round brush and flat iron and you have amazing salon-styled looking hair. I love this stuff; I don't know if I will be able to live without it! I know I'm crazy. But even my husband uses it - it works that well. You can find it at almost any salon and I even found some for around $12 at the salon in the Walmart by our house. If you have thin or short hair - no matter what kind of hair - and want a little volume, I promise you will love it!

2 comments:

Mariah February 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

I totally want to try it! I have serious volume problems and have always looked for a product that will help... I will check this one out!

Shannon February 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Ok, so (and I almost asked tonight) how do you get your hair SMOOTH. Mine has so many fly aways, and I know I can't get rid of the cowlick, but the rest of it is just crazy. And yours is always nice and smooth. Plus what flat iron do you use?

About Us

Welcome to Primp and Tell! We're a bunch of frugal fashionistas who love make-up, anything to do with fashion, and especially a great deal. Join us as we review our latest finds, giving you our honest-to-goodness opinions. If you are interested in advertising please send us an email. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are © Missy Saunders Photography. Any use of our images without express written permission is strictly forbidden.

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites